FIRST SESSION APRIL 9-11, 2021
Comprehensive Straight Wire Orthodontics
for general and pediatric dentists
UP TO 80 CE
PROVEN STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTION
Grow Your Dental Practice
Add To Your Skills. Gain Loyalty.
This course consists of hands-on exercises and clinical lectures on Friday and Saturday with a half day Sunday devoted to reviewing cases that you may be having difficulties with and/or orthodontic cases you are considering for treatment.
- When to Distalize, Reposition or Extract Teeth
- Space Closing Mechanics for Extractions
- How to Bend and Torque Arch Wire
- Treatment Options for Class III Patients
- How to Use Temporary Anchorage Devices In Straight Wire
- Laser & Electrosurgical Techniques in Orthodontic Applications
- Principals of Surgical Orthodontics & Orthognathic Surgery
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- A comprehensive course manual you will refer to for years.
- Orthodontic and practice management forms
- Lifetime mentoring with AOS membership
- Tier Advancement advice and guidance
- Attendees are encouraged to monitor the following year at NO CHARGE earning up to an additional 80 CE with your current AOS membership.
- Prior attendees of Dr. Wiliams’ may attend FREE with the referral of a NEW doctor to the course.
“Dr. Williams has a unique and amazing gift for providing clinical orthodontic clarity and insight to doctors… the incorporation of orthodontics into ones practice is not only possible, but can be profitable and highly rewarding if implemented and managed correctly. [Dr. William’s] personalized manner and excellent teaching style provided me additional training and clinical skills to completely unlock the door to allowing my pediatric dental practice to synergistically operate alongside my growing orthodontic practice.”
Roy Rogers, DDS • Boise, ID
Zachary Dixon, DDS • Morrilton, AR
“Dr. Williams has designed courses that make understanding orthodontics much easier than was explained in dental school. He breaks down clinical orthodontic diagnosis & treatment into an easy-to-understand process. His course manual is very thorough and supports his low key yet entertaining way of teaching that really maximizes the opportunity for his students to learn and digest the material. He moves methodically through diagnosis of growth & development problems then treatment planning which enables students to treat 70% of the cases typically seen in practice. This has helped me better serve my patients, many for whom early treatment helps to avoid larger and more costly treatment.”
Jessica Meeske, DDS • Hastings, NE
“Dr. Williams takes the Basic foundation and builds on it in a way that allows the general practitioner to manage the nuances of difficult cases. I recommend this course to anyone wanting to expand their orthodontic case load.”
Greg A. Wilson, DDS • Selmer, TN
April 9-11, 2021
June 4-6, 2021
August 13-15, 2021
October 15-17, 2021
Registration is at 7:30 am on Friday.
Friday and Saturday 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Sunday 7:00 am -11:00 am
The Mayo Hotel
115 W. 5th St., Tulsa, OK 74103
Dr. Brad Williams
Dr. Brad Williams is a 1982 Oklahoma University College of Dentistry graduate. He has practiced general dentistry for 35+ years and has been practicing G orthodontics for 30+ years. He first joined the AOS in 1983. In 2004, he began to modify his technique from Tip Edge to Straight Wire.
He incorporated treatment techniques using the Straight Wire System, lecturing and teaching with the late Dr. David Jackson for five years. He is a Diplomate and past board member of the AOS. Dr. Williams practices in Skiatook, Oklahoma, where his family has resided for over 70 years.
For more information about Dr. Brad, visit his website at www.WilliamsGPorthodontics.com.
Susan Coffey, RDA
Session 1 • April 9–11, 2021
- Course Introduction
- History of The Straight Wire Appliance
- Williams Straight Wire Series: Expanded
- Williams Basic Cephalometric Analysis
- Williams Treatment Planning Overview
- Types of Appliances
- RPE vs NPE
- RAP & OTM Accelerators
- 1st Order Bends
- 2nd Order Bends
- 3rd Order Bends
- Fabrication of Helical, Omega & T-Loops
- Diagnose & Treatment Planning Assignment Case #1
Session 2 • June 4–6, 2021
- Diagnosis & Treatment Planning
- Bracketing & Bracketing Position
- Fixed Removable Lingual Arch (FRLA)
- Anterior Open Bites
- Midline Diastemas
- Reverse Face Mask & Profile Enhancement
5. Molar Uprighting Spring
6. Fabrication of Molar Uprighting Spring
7. Fabrication of a Transpalatal Arch
- Diagnose & Treatment Planning Assignment Case #2
Session 3 • August 13–15, 2021
- Williams Treatment Planning: The Seven Basic Options
- Multi Distalizing Appliance (MDA) for Class III
- Class III: Williams Treatment Plan 3 & Alternatives
- Adenoids, Tonsils & Airway
- Extraction Orthodontics
- Surgical Orthodontics: Orthodontics with Orthognathic Surgery
- Twin Force Appliance
- D-2 Distalizer Appliance
8. Lower Multi Distalizing Appliance (MDA)
9. Goodman Torquing Springs (GTS)
10. Expanding & Opening Space with Closed Arch Mechanics
11. Transverse Expansion with the .040 SS Wire “Big Daddy”
- Diagnose & Treatment Planning Assignment Case #3
Session 4 • October 15–17, 2021
- Root Resorption & Orthodontics
- Management of Congenitally Missing Lateral Incisors
- Electrosurgery Basics, Laser Basics & Comparison
- Temporary Anchorage Device System (TADS)
- Transverse Transforce (TVTF)
- Lip Bumper
- Diagnose & Treatment Planning Assignment Case #4
A list of instruments required for completing the hands-on exercises will be provided upon registration confirmation.
The study material for this course was peer-reviewed in April 2018 to ensure that all clinical and technical information included the scientific basis for the program content and an assessment of the benefits and risks associated with that content in order to promote public safety.
$4980 per doctor. Pay in full by March 5, 2021, to receive a $500 discount, OR register with a 50% deposit. Balance will be due prior to start of first session. Refund policy is 50% of course fee two weeks prior to course date. AOS membership of $375 is required at time of registration and is non-refundable.
Founded in 1975, the American Orthodontic Society is America’s largest orthodontic educational association for general and pediatric dentists.
AOS COURSE CONTACT:
Barbara A. Zuniga, CAP, OM
REGISTER BY PHONE:
CALL 972-234-4000 between the hours of 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday CST and use your credit card to register. Phone registration will assure your place in the course.
Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2019 to 10/31/2023
Provider ID# 217410