Employing Bends in Everyday Orthodontic Mechanics
- To develop wire bending skills in support of Straight Wire Orthodontic treatment.
Instruments & Material Needed (Prior to Start of Class):
- Arch Marker
- Bird Beak Plier
- Heavy Duty Wire Cutter
- .032 Stainless Steel Straight Wire
- In this exercise, the objective is to practice making multiple planned bends in a typical .032 Stainless Steel archwire (used in the construction of many orthodontic appliances).
- “Plan your work and work your plan!”
- You will draw, on a piece of paper, your initials or name in the actual size and outline that you will then use as a template to guide you as you bend the wire to reflect your template design and bend your name.
- RULES: YOU CAN’T CROSS BACK OVER YOUR WIRE AND IT HAS TO LAY FLAT ON THE TABLE WHEN FINISHED! This will help you learn to control your plier and your bends.
Download or Print Lesson
Are you interested in learning more about the Orthodontic Courses we offer? Click here to check them out.
>>Check out all of the courses offered by the American Orthodontics Society here.<<